Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Negativity & Misery ....

This post was absolutely inspired by Robin and her post Misery Loves Company ...

This is something I have actually contemplated a lot ... when I am most inspired to write it's when something has me fired up ... emotional ... angry, sad, frustrated ... whatever it is the negative emotions drive me to write ...

I often wonder if people who read my blogs think I am this crazy, pessimistic, negative person ... because I'm really not (really ... I swear ... I don't spend my whole life bitching about my living situation or my friends or family) ... I am blessed ... I am blessed that I had a mother who could and did take me and my kids in to her home ... I am blessed that I never have to wonder where a meal is coming from ... I am blessed to have an amazing man in my life ... and those three rugrats that I pushed out of my vagina ... yeah ... I like them too ... I am healthy now ... that is a blessing ... I have a job (not one that pays enough to move out ... but I do have one) ... I'm in school, finished my prerequisites and I get to apply for nursing school ... I am an
entirely happy, bubbly person most of the time ...

I think part of the reason is that I use my blog for cathartic reasons ... write it down ... let it go ... I have never been good at writing humor ... the funny things I say tend to be more along the lines of the funny things kids say ...

My boyfriend's favorite example of this was this conversation ...


Him: Hey, do you have any lotion?


Me: (eyeroll) of course I have lotion ... I always have lotion ... (insert dramatic pause while I'm handing him the lotion) ... unless I don't .... 

Yeah ... maybe it was funnier at the time ... but he still laughs until he practically pees every time he tells that story ... but I'm just not a humor writer ...

I have been known to do inspirational ... optimistic ... but the times I am inspired are the times that come at the negative end of the emotional spectrum ...

I don't want you all to think that just because I write about negative subject matter some most of the time ... that I am just looking for people to wallow in misery with ... because I'm not ... I need to get it out of me ... and your comments help with that ...

I appreciate you all putting up with what sometimes is a lot of whining ... because it helps me be a better me ...