Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Surprising New Love ...

I've always been into sports ... okay not always ... I used to think it was funny though that my dad would fall asleep "watching" football every Sunday ... it wasn't football time ... it was nap time ...

I started playing basketball in the third grade ... it was the first sport I fell in love with ... but volleyball in the eighth grade quickly took over as my favorite ... in high school I was a cheerleader ... I didn't know what a down was ... but one of the guys I went to school with sat down one day and explained football to me in a way I understood and cared about ... and I became a football fan for life ...

I love live baseball games ... the stadium ... the smell ... the excitement ... I love live basketball games ... neither am I a big fan of watching on TV but I will sometimes ... and
sometimes even on TV I get really into them ...

I've always loved football ... any football ... all football ... my daughter was a cheerleader for the little boys playing football ... I paid more attention to the game than I did to her cheering ... shhh don't tell her that ...

Now I have a new love though ... and it surprised me ... several weeks ago the lemon man took me and my kids to our very first professional lacrosse game ... no mind you ... I have never seen a lacrosse game of any kind ... not a high school game ... not a peewee game ... never even seen it ... I didn't know the rules ... I could go on ... but I absolutely loved it ...

Maybe it's the music ... heaven knows I love my music ... and they play it constantly ... maybe it's the amazing crowd involvement ... maybe it's the fact that the players appreciate their fans so much that they do a meet and greet after every single game ... honestly I don't know ... but I absolutely loved it ... I haven't had that much fun ... that much passion over a sporting event in a long time ... and in those few short hours ... that very first experience ... I think I am a lacrosse fan for life ...