Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

What I Meant to Say Was ...

So ... when you decided to be a total and complete asshole and comment on my status on Facebook ... I responded ... but in a nice way ...

I'm glad that you decided that my completely innocent post that had nothing to do with you or your job became your place to decide that you would throw out your superiority ... your casting of inferiority on the rest of the American population ...

Don't get me wrong ... I'm thankful for what you do ... freedom isn't free and men and women that are all over the world doing it are all deserving of thanks and honor ... and you are far from my only friend that is currently doing it ... far from the only person I know that has been there ... and definitely not the one with the worst story to tell ...

What I meant to say when I commented back was ...

It's a good thing you and your family never needed help from us inferior healthcare workers
... oh, wait ... you did ... I'm sure the lady that I am working overtime this week to take care of ... the one who has been sick all her life and is now on a feeding tube and is having one of her lungs removed leaving an open hole in her chest in order to live thanks you too, for helping maintain her freedom ... but I'm sure she, her husband and her four kids and nine grandchildren also think that what we do around here is pretty important too ... you have a job deserving of honor ... you have a job deserving of  reward ... you sacrifice ... your family sacrifices ... but so do many other families ... in different ways ... your trials and your sacrifices do not negate those of others ... in fact they should make you understand them better ... just because somebody has it worse or better doesn't take the value away from the life, sacrifice and strains of another ... and when you work full-time, are a full-time student and a single parent ... once you get to that status we can talk ... until then ... if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all ... you aren't a person I chose to be in my life ... you came to me through other people ... I want to be your friend ... but I don't need to put up with bullshit from you in order to do it ... and please remember how inferior you think the rest of us all are the next time that your wife needs her car fixed by a mechanic or needs to go to the grocery store to buy food ... or the next time any of you need healthcare ... remember how inferior you believe the rest of society is to yourself ... and don't worry about that nurse that's on her fifty-fourth hour in order to take care of your dying baby, or the doctor that flew from another country to perform a life saving operation ... because after all ... we will never be as good as you ... 

I feel better now ...