Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Anonymity ... An Introduction ...

I decided to start a new blog ... where anonymity makes it possible for me to write anything I want to write ... my lemon man (that's what I'm calling my boyfriend here for now) pointed out that in order for this to be truly anonymous I shouldn't tell anyone it's here ... and I understand his point, but at the same time there are people in my life I trust implicitly ... and I think they need to be part of this as well ...

I will hopefully be blogging enough that any readers I gain will learn through the course of my writing who I am and where I come from ... but I will say a few things to start with ... I married young ... had children young ... two girls ... and a boy ... their father and I separated just shy of our nine year anniversary ... and I feel like I've been handed a lot of lemons since then ... I was a stay at home mom ... I had a
pretty decent middle class life ... and then I fell flat on my face trying to support myself a few times ... there was drama with my father after he paid my rent for two years ... and now I live with my mother ... in an unfinished basement ... oh, and she's a hoarder (part of my need for anonymity) ... the economy is horrible ... I qualified for straight welfare, but only took the food stamps and the medicaid, because I couldn't commit to the 22 hours of volunteer work I would have had to do in order to keep the welfare ... it cut into my job finding time, my school time and my parenting time ... and honestly ... the five-hundredish dollars I was going to get for a family of four made those 22 hours a week mean I was making less than minimum wage to get something that people often say you have to be "lazy" to get ... I do have a job I absolutely love now, but unfortunately I have no security in that job ... then my lemon man has been through more than his fair share of trials as well ... making it nearly impossible between the two of us for us to have the relationship or the life that we want together ...

I'm a full time student ... I work between zero and forty hours a week ... I share custody of my kids with their dad ... and that is honestly not going so well ... I have a lot on plate ... I try my best to smile through things ... to find the silver lining ... to make the sweetest lemonade ... but it's not always easy ... and sometimes I need to celebrate ... sometimes I need to vent ... sometimes I just need to write it all down ... so welcome to my place to do that ...